The purpose of the "Alumni Mentor Program" (aka The Alumni Big Brother Program) is to:
- Provide collegiate brothers with a mentor from the alumni ranks
- Augment the collegiate Big Brother role with experienced alumni
- Provide guidance on Fraternity & Career development that will assist the young man
- Provide "industry" context for fields that collegiates are interested in
- Strengthen the connection between collegiates and alumni of the Theta Kappa Chapter
The Theta Kappa Alumni Mentor Program demonstrates dedication to the future success of Theta Kappa’s Active Chapter.
- Modeled after the Mu Chapter's program, which was developed in 2005, it is designed to:
- Pair actives with designated alumni
- Provide opportunities for Theta Kappa and Sigma Nu Alumni to spend time (either on the phone or in person) with actives who have expressed a dedicated interest in a particular career path or leadership arena.
- Theta Kappa Alumni from around the country have responded to the call for volunteers and will begin to actively participate in the Program.
- The Theta Kappa Alumni Mentor Program is a novel and leading edge component of our future Chapter. To our knowledge, no other chapter at GSU offers such a development tool to its active members.
Brother Michael Singletary, ΘΚ 744, a member of the Alumni Advisory Board and who is responsible for Alumni Volunteer Programs, will be coordinating this program for he alumni.
To read more about the "Alumni Mentor Program" - click here.